If you use transaction SPAD to go to the definition of the output device, on the 'Output Attributes' tab page under 'Output attributes for list drivers and Smart Forms', you select a print mode and a paper tray. Both settings affect the printing of lists with list drivers and the printing of Smart Forms only.
You want these settings to also influence the printing of SAPscript forms.
Import the kernel patch.
Then use the report RSPO0021 to activate the spool option
Important: If you activate the parameter, it can influence the printout of all of the SAPscript forms. Therefore, you should check in advance whether a default tray has already been selected in an output device for which printing in this tray is not required.
If the parameter is set, the tray control in SAPscript works as follows:
- First, the system checks whether an entry has been made in the page definition of the SAPscript form in transaction SE71 in the resource name field. If it has, this is used.
- If the entry is blank on the first page, the system uses the default tray that has been selected on the 'Output Attributes' tab page in the output device.
- If this is blank too, the system uses the tray information that can be set on the 'Tray Info' tab page in the definition of the output device. The procedure is as follows:
* The system checks whether there is at least one active tray to which the paper format that is set in the form is assigned. In this case, the system uses the first tray that meets this condition.
* The exception is if tray 1 is the only tray that is active. In this case, the system does not send the printer an escape sequence for the tray selection.
* If no active tray uses the correct paper format, the system uses the first active tray unless it is tray 1.
- If no tray could be determined in this way, the system does not send the printer an escape sequence for the tray selection.
The print mode (Simplex, Duplex, Tumble Duplex) is selected in the same way.